Proposal for a scientific look at C style choices

Kenneth Almquist ka at june.cs.washington.edu
Thu Jan 5 16:16:18 AEST 1989

> Humans process 2d information extremely well - they are only moderately good
> at parsing long strings.  On the other hand, computers are very good at
> parsing long strings - they are at best only moderately good at processing
> 2d information.

Actually, even computers are pretty good at recognizing indentation.  If
you use Yacc, which expects its input to consist of a series of tokens,
make the lexical analyzer can look at the indentation level and generate
the beginning and ending braces.  I've done this; it takes less than a
page of code to implement.
				Kenneth Almquist