A brace vs. indentation hypothesis (was Re: Braces are not Compiler-Fluff.)

Tony Field tony at ajfcal.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 05:12:08 AEST 1989

I forgot to include a second statement of DOGMA that is related to the
use/obscurity of braces.  Iff (and I do mean iff) a programmer is a
clear thinker, then the necessary and sufficient DOGMA necessary to
construct *beautiful* code is:

	And GOD invented white space: blessed are those who use white
	space with care and attention - even for APL.

	And GOD invented non-white space: blessed are those who use
	them to construct code and provide comments to illumninate the
	obscurity of the code.