lint question

Geoff Rimmer geoff at warwick.UUCP
Tue Jan 17 17:49:33 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan16.080743.2424 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:

>    [...]
>printf ...
>is a pain to check -- especially since the type of its returned value
>is not portable among current Unixes.

I thought that problem was only with sprintf, where on some systems it
returns the string it has just produced, and on others the number of
characters written to the string.  I understood that both printf and
fprintf return int (# chars printed) on every system.

cat > /usr/include/std/flame-inviter.h
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
^D

#include <std/flame-inviter>

Geoff

	Geoff Rimmer, Computer Science, Warwick University, England.
			geoff at uk.ac.warwick.emerald

	"Well I think it's rubbish.  I'm going to vomit."
	"I can think of no higher compliment."

		- Filthy Rich and Catflap, 1986.