Include files

Norman Diamond diamond at csl.sony.JUNET
Mon Jan 30 15:02:35 AEST 1989

In article <10991 at umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> raghavan at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Vijay Raghavan) writes:

> main() {
> #include <stdio.h>
> FILE *xx;
> }
> proc1() {
> #include <stdio.h>
> FILE *yy;
> }

In article <9526 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

[First three points, good and helpful ones, omitted.]

> The final point is that the standard headers may be included more
> than once with no effect different from being included exactly once.

True, but Mr. Raghavan unwittingly posed a problem.  The effect must
be as if the header were included exactly once, yes, -- but -- as if
the header were included at which place? !

[I have been asked not to complain about inews requiring filler lines]
--
Norman Diamond, Sony Computer Science Lab (diamond%csl.sony.jp at relay.cs.net)
  The above opinions are my own.   |  Why are programmers criticized for