Style (was: C-DATABASE B-PLUS a quick look)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Mon Jan 2 13:00:27 AEST 1989

In article <189 at becker.UUCP> bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) writes:
>	It might be useful to add that testing for EOF is
>	possible - this raises the question of its value.
>	Ought it to be -1, or 0xFF, or what? I'm confused
>	about what the value of "toupper(EOF)" should be...

EOF is not required to be defined as -1, but that is really the
most practical choice in every environment I've seen.  It must
NOT be the same as a possible character value, so 0xFF is wrong.

I don't think EOF is supposed to be a valid argument for toupper(),
just for the is*() functions.