array of pointers to functions

Kevin Dooley dooley at helios.toronto.edu
Tue Jun 13 02:40:18 AEST 1989

I had a clever idea last night for a completely general routine to
numerically solve a system of N coupled first order differential
equations simultaneously using a Runge-Kutta algorithm.  The only
way I can think of to conveniently pass an unspecified number of
pointers to functions is to construct an array of pointers to the
individual functions.  Imagine my alarm at discovering that this
is not legal.  Why not?  Can anybody help me out with this little
puzzle?
		Many thanks,
			Kevin Dooley

--
 Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
 Physics Dept.        BITNET - dooley at utorphys
 U. of Toronto        INTERNET - dooley at helios.physics.utoronto.ca