Correction, a[33]

Alastair Dallas awd at dbase.UUCP
Sat Jun 3 15:54:02 AEST 1989

In article <728 at abvax.UUCP>, aep at ivan (Alex E. Pensky) writes:
> I for one am not bothered so much by the novice *questions* as the novice
> *answers*.  If one (by his own admission) does not know C, then he should
> not try to answer questions on it, novice or otherwise.

Ah, the reverberations from one hasty posting...This is the most interesting
thread I've read here in years.  I followed proper netiquette; I refrained
from responding when I first read a[33] and I've scanned all the replies
to date.  I have only the following comments to offer and then I'll be quiet:

	- I've long thought that Microsoft engineers were a tad cocky,
	  all things considered.
	- "It's not the things you don't know that hurt you; it's the
	  things you do know that ain't so."--Will Rogers, I believe.
	- As for moderating the net, I think the net approximates working
	  in a big programming shop.  There are gurus and there are
	  novices.  The gurus are impatient, gruff and usually right
	  and the novices make a lot of noise and are almost always
	  wrong.  C'est la vie.  (Translated for the net: <shrug>)

Ok, back to the general confusion.

/alastair/

Disclaimer: Just me, nobody else.