libdbm.a

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Sat Jun 3 03:56:27 AEST 1989

In article <8252 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> jockc at killer.Dallas.TX.US (Jock Cooper) writes:
| I have picked up several packages from the comp/sources/unix archives that seem
| to require a library called libdbm..

  dbm is not public domain. There are other packages but several of them
seem to include AT&T code, too, even though they say they don't.

  The is a true public domain version coming called sdbm, which is in
beta now. Look for it in a few months. It will solve the problem, and
may be a tad faster, too.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen