Updates to K&R 2

Frank Wales frank at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 01:46:10 AEST 1989

In article <10360 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <1110 at osf.OSF.ORG> dbrooks at osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
>>I thought that only one leap second would be added at a time (only one
>>per minute, at any rate).  Shouldn't these be (0,60), then?
>It may well be that (0,60) is always sufficient, but the standard allows
>for (0,61).  X3J11 received conflicting information about this.

I seem to remember that a couple of years ago, the occasional end-of-year
correction was two leap seconds, and this was mentioned in some science-type
rag (Omni, I think) as being exceptional, but not unprecedented.
So the 0..61 range would seem justified.
--
Frank Wales, Systems Manager,        [frank at zen.co.uk<->mcvax!zen.co.uk!frank]
Zengrange Ltd., Greenfield Rd., Leeds, ENGLAND, LS9 8DB. (+44) 532 489048 x217