int divided by unsigned.

Jim Giles jlg at lanl.gov
Wed Jun 28 08:42:21 AEST 1989

>From article <10457 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, by gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn):
> If you want a different language, feel free to design one.

I am.  In fact I have recent read more than two dozen books on the
subject of programming language design.  The principle of least
astonishment is considered, by most designers, to be something worth
obeying.  C rarely does.  In fact, there have been many studies of
various programming language features to determine the effect they
have on programmer productivity.  There are perhaps a dozen features
which are consistently found to be damaging to productivity.  Of course,
C has all of these features.