lint won't verify printf formatting against variable types??

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sat Jun 24 08:57:13 AEST 1989

In article <328 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>I was surprised to discover that neither cc nor lint comments when printf
>formatting doesn't match variable types ....

There are a whole bunch of `cc's and `lint's.  The lint in 4.3BSD-tahoe
*does* complain, courtesy of Arthur Olson (uunet!elsie!ado).  Become a
student at your nearby University, get an account on a Tahoe or VAX
running 4.3-tahoe, and lint your programs there. :-)