Needed: A (Portable) way of setting up the arg stack

Gregory Kemnitz kemnitz at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Fri Jun 2 08:37:43 AEST 1989

I need to know how (or if) *NIX (System V.3) has the ability to let
a stack of arguments be set for a function before it is called.  I
have several hundred pointers to functions which are called from one
place, and each function has different numbers of arguments.  (I suppose
I could use the maximum number of arguments that any function has, but is
this portable??)  I know how many arguments there are when I call the function,
and what those arguments are.  Is there any alternative (like varargs) to
a big switch block or calling with the max number of arguments??