MS QC _getimage()

Asko Kauppi T8M-KAUP at FINTUVM.BITNET
Sat Jun 24 07:51:30 AEST 1989

According to Dave Astels:

> Incidentally, the same data format is used with GetImage & PutImage in
> Turbo Pascal (v 5.0 at least).

That is not completely true. I changed from using MSC 5.0 to Turbo C 2.0
(all Turbo products use a common Borland Graphics Interface, BGI)
recently and had to make some changes to the putimage() structures I had
saved on disk:

    1) The size data words in Turbo's putimage() are one less than the
       corresponding MS _putimage() ones.

    2) The bitmap rows come out in a different order, changing
       color 0 to color 15, 1 to 14 and so on...

    3) Otherwise, the routines seem to be identical, except for that the
       MSC routines don't work: they make text output go crazy. This is
       a known bug in the GRAPHICS.LIB and might have been fixed in a
       later version (5.1) but I doubt it. Anyway, I prefer the Turbo
       routines. Somehow they even feel a bit faster, but I haven't really
       tested it...

    I DO NOT have time to check, whether these comments are 100% right.
    They are just what I can recall of my fights with the putimage()
    incompatibility problems. Please correct me if I was wrong.

    Asko Kauppi     alias      T8M-KAUP at FINTUVM.BITNET  (BitNet
                                           MAMMUTTI.UTU.FI (InterNet
  Student of Physics
   Turku University    addr: Kakskerrantie 176, 20960 Turku, FINLAND
      Finland          tel : +358 (9)21 588 359 / 588 434