Btree library

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.UUCP
Sat Jun 10 10:24:24 AEST 1989

In article <883 at bimacs.BITNET>, marmor at bimacs.BITNET (Eli Marmor) writes:
> >>We have a complicated program (for PC) which uses Btrieve. We are porting it
> >>to other OS's and machines, so we have to emulate Btrieve by
> >>another database library source (in C), because the original one was written
> >>in Assembly (8086).

Bob Willey:
> >The obvious answer seems to be to use the Novell BTreive module for the
> >operating system you are using.  It is available in several environments
> >such as SCO Xenix and DOS and networking.  Several others that we do not
> >use ourselves.

Forget Btrieve on anything but DOS.  We found the Xenix version to be
very unreliable, and Softcraft to be very uninterested in fixing it.

We switched to C-tree for Unix (and the Macintosh) with great success.
You also get source, which has saved our cookies more than once.

Good luck.  It's a database jungle out there. :)

Mark McWiggins
Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
(206) 455-9935
uunet!intek01!mark