Fortran77 to C conversion

Jim Meyering meyering at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 30 19:49:59 AEST 1989

In article <12302 at well.UUCP> rapa at well.UUCP (Ralph A. Phraner) writes:

>Does anyone reading this group have or know about any available
>software, tools or scripts to automate conversion of Fortran77
>sources to C?  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I have used a product, FOR_C, sold by a company called Cobalt Blue that
does just what you want.  They generate pretty readable C/C++ code
from FORTRAN (or ratrof or f77) source.  I have translated well
over 50,000 lines of F66.  Their product is pretty stable and can
generate either K&R or prototypes and ANSI-style function definitions.
I'm told they are working on a FORTRAN code structurer, too.

Here's their number:
	Cobalt Blue  (408) 723-0474

Jim Meyering      meyering at cs.utexas.edu