getopt

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Fri Jun 16 22:52:02 AEST 1989

  I would like to thank all the people who posted or mailed comments
about my getopt question. I am incorporating some of those ideas and
will be posting a source and man page for the result. I am using the
character ? for the optional argument character. Since getopt returns ?
to indicate an unknown option, there won't be any existing programs
using it, and the extended getopt will work with existing programs.

  I guess anything with a man page should be posted to sources.misc
rather than alt.sources, so look for it soon.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen