Pound sign (was Re: the Telephone Test)

Clive clive at ixi.UUCP
Wed May 3 20:37:24 AEST 1989

In article <630 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
>Another person writes:
>>but always, at the top of my routines, I:
>>	pound include studio-h (dancers might include studio-54 :->)

The character that looks like:

  |  |
--+--+--
  |  |
--+--+--
  |  |

is a "number" sign or a "hash" sign. It is NOT repeat NOT a pound sign.
A pound sign is what appears on a five pound note, and looks like:

       --
      /
  ---+---

(or some more ornate version). How would you like it if I kept
saying:
       dollar include stood eye oh dot aitch
(I actually say "hash include ...") ?
Clive D.W. Feather           clive at ixi.uucp
IXI Limited                  ...!mcvax!ukc!acorn!ixi!clive (untested)
                             +44 223 462 131