Another silly question

Norman Diamond diamond at diamond.csl.sony.junet
Sat May 20 15:13:53 AEST 1989

In article <749 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:

>Can you explain why compilers produce different code for "a[i]" and "*(a+i)"?
>Thanks.

Hear, hear.  Yes, there are a lot of broken implementations, and there
are a lot more implementations which are not broken but just wierd.
Yes, this is one of the ways in which many implementations are wierd,
and I also wonder why.  Anyone have any ideas?

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Computer Science Lab (diamond%csl.sony.co.jp at relay.cs.net)
  The above opinions are my own.   |  Why are programmers criticized for