Calling FORTRAN from C (Was: Need matrix inversion C routine).

Mark A Terribile mat at mole-end.UUCP
Sun May 7 18:11:44 AEST 1989

In article <1415 at uw-entropy.ms.washington.edu>, charlie at mica.stat.washington.edu (Charlie Geyer) writes:
> ...  How to write an intellegent C program (no strings or structures in
> arguments, no call by value, etc.) that calls a Fortran subroutine or is
> called by one.  I know there is no portable answer to this now.  But
> shouldn't there be?

> This is often essential if one is to avoid reinventing the wheel at
> the cost of years of work.

Well ... there is provision in C++ 2.0 for this.  Exactly what languages will
be supported (usually just C) is up to the implementation, but if you feel the
need to write compilers that provide the capability, there is a well-thought-
out syntax for the job.
--

(This man's opinions are his own.)