You say pound sign, I say number sign, let's call the whole thing off.

Earl H. Kinmonth ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Sat May 6 02:04:48 AEST 1989

>a couple of grams, yet the American dollar is worth more than a pound.  This

I don't have my Wall Street Journal handy, but for the last few months
it has generally taken something around 1.92 US dollars to buy one
British pound. Maybe computer types learn a different sort of math from
what historians study, but it would seem to me that at the current
exchange rate one Yankee buck is worth quite a bit less than one Brit
pound.

Neither one has anything like the purchasing power of the Yen.

Earl H. Kinmonth
History Department
University of California, Davis
916-752-1636 (voice, fax [2300-0800 PDT])
916-752-0776 secretary

ucbvax!ucdavis!ucdked!cck