A plea for restraint

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Sun May 28 22:50:07 AEST 1989

In article <14354 at bfmny0.UUCP> tneff at bfmny0.UUCP (Tom Neff) writes:

> * MAKE A LIST OF GURU NAMES and netmail addresses as you read the
>newsgroup. If you have a C question, you can *MAIL* it to three or
>four people and be 95% certain of getting a good reply WITHOUT costing
>Usenet kilobucks. If you use this method you don't even have to worry
>whether it's a DUMB question or not.

This is, IMHO, a minor flaw in an otherwise stellar set of posting guidelines.

I have always felt that unsolicited C-related mail directly to Chris,
or Doug, or Henry was side-stepping the net, and, in a small way perhaps,
an invasion of their privacy.

If these folks were overloaded with personal e-mail regarding C, they might
feel less inclined to council as thoroughly in c.l.c.

Comments?

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com