case sensitivity

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Wed May 3 04:04:36 AEST 1989

In article <1331 at ns.network.com> ddb at ns.UUCP (David Dyer-Bennet) writes:
>But in practice nobody gets particularly bent out of shape if somebody writes
>"Well, then we won't have the blasted thing done until august, I guess."
>The formal convention is there, but it doesn't seem to be what people use
>for figuring out the meaning of the sentence.

Maybe, but consider:

	"We dropped a stick of dynamite down the pole and *whammo*!"

versus
	"We dropped a stick of dynamite down the Pole and *whammo*!"

One is likely to get you cited for vanalism, the other for murder.

See what difference a little punctuation can make?

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "An acid is like a woman:  a good one will eat
seanf at sco.UUCP   |  through your pants." -- Mel Gibson, Saturday Night Live