the Telephone Test (was: Re: case sensitivity)

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Thu May 4 08:10:28 AEST 1989

In article <630 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
=Since `char' is derived from `character', I've always pronounced it
=`kar', resulting in expressions like `kar star' and `kar star star'.
=
=BTW, if regional affiliation matters --  I live on the East coast, but
=I was first introduced to C in the midwest.

A dead giveaway.  No died-in-the-wool Easterner could say it any way except
"kah stah stah".  (-;

My first C instructor was from Spain and he pronounced stdio.h as "stoo-dee-yo
dot aish", and pointer as "pinter".  Si?  Si.
--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College				CompuServe: 70240,334