Calling FORTRAN from C (Was: Need matrix inversion C routine).

Tom Stockfisch tps at chem.ucsd.edu
Wed May 17 15:11:33 AEST 1989

In article <8197 at june.cs.washington.edu> ka at june.cs.washington.edu (Kenneth Almquist) writes:
_The problem of differing calling conventions could be solved with a
_stub generator....
_ The standard would
_have to give standard names to the initialization and cleanup entry
_points for the run time systems, so that a program with a C main routine
_could initialize the FORTRAN run time system, and vice versa.
_				Kenneth Almquist

In calling fortran from C I would like to avoid the fortran library as
much as possible.  On our system the fortran i/o junk is almost 100k,
stripped.  I tend to use fortran just for LINPACK and other stuff that
does no i/o, so I hate the waste.