Dates & things in C

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at nada.kth.se
Wed May 31 08:19:13 AEST 1989

A propos dates, a small comment: Most American programmers seem not
to have noticed that there is a world OUTSIDE the U.S. of A. Many
international (read european) programmers include flexible date and
time formats in their programs, but how many american ditto do ?

I'm NOT saying that American programmers are bad, ugly or even narrow-
minded, I just want to make ALL people aware of the need to interna-
tionalize their programs. Tools for this will soon be available in UNIX,
but I doubt that they will be used. The Macintosh computers have had
the international resources for quite some time now, but still not
everybody use them (Read: M*crosoft, MS W*rd)

 __       Jon W{tte (The dread Smiley Shark) email:h+ at nada.kth.se
/  \      (+46 (0) 8 258 268)
   /---   (c) 1989 Yessbox Allright Professional Products Inc. - Y.A.P.P.I.
  /       -- No More --