Pound sign (was Re: the Telephone Test)

Clayton Cramer cramer at optilink.UUCP
Sat May 6 04:44:20 AEST 1989

In article <147 at ixi.UUCP#, clive at ixi.UUCP (Clive) writes:
# In article <630 at marob.MASA.COM# daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
# #Another person writes:
# ##but always, at the top of my routines, I:
# ##	pound include studio-h (dancers might include studio-54 :-#)
#
# The character that looks like:
#
#   |  |
# --+--+--
#   |  |
#   |  |
#
# is a "number" sign or a "hash" sign. It is NOT repeat NOT a pound sign.

Nonsense.  It's an "octothorpe".  (My posting is no more nitpicky
than your posting).

--
Clayton E. Cramer                   {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Governments that don't trust most people with weapons, deserve no trust.