Tutorial material for C beginner

Brad Brown bradb at ai.toronto.edu
Wed May 3 11:01:58 AEST 1989

I'm looking for material for a friend (who has no Usenet access) who
is starting to learn C.  He's working with the Microsoft 5.1 dialect, but
any sufficiently portable material would be appreciated.  Are there any
texts out there that you would strongly recommend for someone with many
years experience in DP with COBOL?  (I know -- yuck!  At least he's
reforming! :-)

I'd be especially interested in those electronic tutorials that run on
PCs -- I know there are several PD versions that are supposed to be quite
good, but I've never used them so I don't know what to look for.

Thanks very much for your help!

					(-:  Brad Brown  :-)
					bradb at ai.toronto.edu