Moderated C group ? (was Re: Posting)

Frans van Otten fransvo at maestro.htsa.aha.nl
Fri May 26 20:08:14 AEST 1989

Karl Heuer writes:

>Frans van Otten writes:
>
>|...  If someone has a serious question, he or she can ask it in the
>|moderated group.   If the group is known as a high quality one,
>|interest in the unmoderated group will cease.
>
>That sounds reasonable, but it doesn't work that way in practice.  If
>you have two groups with essentially the same charter, but only one
>is moderated, the unmoderated one gets all the traffic.

This may be true, I don't know.  But anyway:  What would be the use of
an unmoderated group next to a moderated group ?

>If there's a problem with too much noise here, the solution should be
>to make comp.lang.c itself moderated.

Yes, I think that's the best solution.  I would vote for this.  Or is
there any good reason to keep comp.lang.c unmoderated ?

Now, who wants to become eternally famous as The Comp.Lang.C - Moderator ?
--
Frans van Otten                     |   fransvo at maestro.htsa.aha.nl    or
Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam       |   fransvo at htsa.uucp              or