Color sensitivity? No, BUT....

Richard Sargent richard at pantor.UUCP
Thu May 4 03:44:00 AEST 1989

sho at pur-phy (Sho Kuwamoto) in Message-ID: <2207 at pur-phy> wrote:
> In article <1318 at frog.UUCP> john at frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
> >One thing *I've* wanted is the ability include pictures in comments (for
> >example, imagine feeding a MacWrite file to the Macintosh C compiler).
> >The ability to include real drawings of box-and-pointer diagrams could
> >immensely clarify some hairy pieces of code now and then.  Occaisionally
> >I have stooped to ASCII graphics, but somehow they just don't work as well.
>
> If I ever wanted to do something like that, I would rather write a
> separate MacWrite document which explained the code, and put a
> reference to it in my code.  Maybe it's a little less elegant, but I
> don't like the idea of making the C compiler more complicated and
> non-standard.  The C compiler should just read in a text file.
> Different fonts and styles wouldn't be quite so bad, since you could
> use a regular text file with a resource which contained a style run.
> I suppose you could use the same kind of system to do pictures,
> keeping only the text in the data fork, and putting the picture
> information in resources, but even this seems kind of complicated.  I
> don't know.  It just seems kludgy.
>
> -Sho

You know, a funny thing happenned ...

Actually, my *lowly* Commodore-64 supports fonts and embedded graphics
in the source file!  The package is GEOS (which provides a Mac-like
interface on the C-64), and the Assembler uses the geoWrite files for
source, so muliple fonts, point sizes, and so on are all OK.  But most
notably, anywhere you need to include a bitmap, you can - just paste
in the image and that's it.

Simple?  I thought so.  All you need is a WYSIWYG environment.

Richard Sargent
Systems Analyst