Posting (was Re: Another silly question)

Stephen M. Dunn stephen at ziebmef.uucp
Tue May 16 11:56:55 AEST 1989

[article deleted which says, amongst other things, that we should wait a
 couple of days to post replies to simple questions etc]

   How about this:  If you feel that the question is _that_ simple that
everyone on the net knows the answer except the person who posted the
original, why not hit r or R and mail a reply to that person only?  They
could then presumably have their simple question answered without clogging
the news.  If they feel that others may benefit, they can post one (1)
followup article of their own briefly summarizing the responses they
have received.  If they need more explanation, they can either followup
or continue an e-mail discussion with one or more of the people who sent
them replies.

   Of course, much of this mail will bounce, but at least it's something
to try doing first to keep simple Q&A from wasting our N and K keys.