setpwent(3)?

Math Student from Hell entropy at pawl.rpi.edu
Fri May 12 21:57:30 AEST 1989

On our 4.2BSD system, the man page for the <pwd.h> functions lists a
function called 'setpwent'.  This is what it has to say:

>GETPWENT(3)            C LIBRARY FUNCTIONS            GETPWENT(3)
>

>NAME
>     getpwent, getpwuid, getpwnam, setpwent, endpwent, setpwfile,
>     fgetpwent - get password file entry
>
> [omitted definitions for other <pwd.h> files]
>
>     int setpwent()

And that is the last word.  No definition or description.

What does this function do?  Is it really there, or is it a fib?
Is there a mistake in the man pages?

Reply by email, please.

    What a wonderful thing is the human brain; how I wish I possessed one.
Mark-Jason Dominus 	   entropy at pawl.rpi.EDU	     entropy at rpitsmts (BITnet)