Curses -- accessing keypad codes, Ultrix bugs

Leonard J. Peirce peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Sat Nov 11 07:21:02 AEST 1989

In article <7500 at wiley.UUCP> doug at wiley.UUCP (Doug Rudoff) writes:

>I'm using curses on a DECstation 3100. The keypad() function does not
>work; it doesn't cause function keys to be tokenized at all. (Has
>anyone else found that problem? DEC says it has no plans to fix it.)

The keypad() routine is broken in VAX Ultrix 3.0, too.  I received a patched
copy from DEC that lets the arrow keys work ok but I have yet to make the
VT220 keys such as Next Screen and Prev Screen work.

I was told that keypad() was going to be fixed in 3.1.  I haven't installed
it yet so I can't be sure if it is.  If it isn't, I know that I'm going
to complain; maybe if enough of us do, DEC will *finally* fix it.
Leonard J. Peirce               Internet:  peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University                peirce at gw.wmich.edu
Academic Computer Center        UUCP:      ...!uunet!sharkey!wmichgw!peirce
Kalamazoo, MI  49008            Phone:     (616) 387-5469

This is STILL the Al Franken Decade.....