Where to ask (was Re: turbo C memory question)

Bob Goudreau goudreau at dg-rtp.dg.com
Fri Nov 10 04:32:08 AEST 1989

In article <73774 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Loyde W Hales <lwh at cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>>From wfp at dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips) writes:
>>Are you trying to suggest that since comp.sys.ibm.pc is full of garbage, some
>>of the garbage should be moved into comp.lang.c?  Look, just because there's
>>something wrong with comp.sys.ibm.pc doesn't mean it should infest comp.lang.c.
>>Quite the contrary, in fact.
>
>I don't think he's saying that at all.  I think he's saying that *.ibm.pc are
>broad-set newsgroups, covering every aspect of the machines.  This isn't
>efficient for questions dealing with C.

Hmmm.  By that logic, the following diametrically opposed statement is
equally reasonable:

	"I think he's saying that comp.lang.* are broad-set newsgroups,
	covering every aspect of the languages.  This isn't efficient for
	questions dealing with IBM PCs."

Perhaps what we really need to do is to split the comp.lang.c newsgroup
into comp.lang.c.definition and comp.lang.c.implementations :-).

Bob Goudreau				+1 919 248 6231
Data General Corporation		...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!goudreau
62 Alexander Drive			goudreau at dg-rtp.dg.com
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709, USA