main() linkage

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Nov 23 08:16:47 AEST 1989

In article <7744 at cdis-1.uucp> tanner at cdis-1.uucp (Dr. T. Andrews) writes:
>) Perhaps you should think about what I said instead of attacking it.
>This last claim is also worthy of attention.  Evidently disagreement
>citing established practice is now to be considered unreasoning
>attack on a worthy effort, which worthy effort should be immune
>from criticism.

Your citing of "established practice" is merely citing of existing
ERRONEOUS programming practice, the incorrectness of which was well
known long before X3J11 met for the first time.  Again, I explained
the EXISTING, OPERATIONAL issues that make such practice erroneous,
and several other posters have added postings further making the
point and giving specific examples.

Too bad you didn't pay attention to the explanations and instead
merely kept making silly noises.