compare strings, strcmp

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Sat Nov 18 05:55:30 AEST 1989

In article <11623 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
| In article <1632 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
| >  I can only speculate, but strcmp can give memory faults if the string
| >is not properly terminated.
|
| It also could fail if fed a banana cream pie.
|
| Why speculate when you don't know?

  Good grief! I tried to be helpful and offered one case in which the
macro could be "unsafe," and you have to make a nasty comment. I didn't
even comment on how uninformative the comment really was, or anything.

  Improperly terminated strings are fairly common, while pies are a
feature of C--.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon