file dependency generaor wanted (needed?)

Ronald S. Woan woan at peyote.cactus.org
Fri Nov 10 15:26:18 AEST 1989

In article <2791 at cbnewsl.ATT.COM>, dog at cbnewsl.ATT.COM (edward.n.schiebel) writes:
> I am looking for PD software which reads as input a list of
> source file names, and generates as output file dependencies
> for the input.  Something suitable for semi-automagically
> generating makefiles.
> Anyone know of such a beast?
 Sounds like the makedepend program that comes with Perl 3.0
sources or the one packaged with some GNU stuff or the one in the
X11R3 distribution. Take your pick, they all do well. I just looked
at the one that came with perl, and it seems the best to me...

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmaus!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ second choice:                                     woan at peyote.cactus.org +