Textbook about using C to write menu?

Walter Rowe rowe at cme.nist.gov
Sat Nov 11 07:55:29 AEST 1989

daiyingshi> In article <897daiyingshi> daiyingshi at yvax.byu.edu writes:
daiyingshi>
daiyingshi> Does anybody know if there is a textbook about using C
daiyingshi> language to write pull-down menus, windows, or other
daiyingshi> friendly user interfaces?

Fred> There is a book by Mark Rochkind (sp??) on the subject in which
Fred> he develops some display management code for both DOS and Unix.
Fred> Sorry I can't remember thbe book title or the publisher.

Fred> Fred

I have it, and its a pretty good book.  Here is the pertinent info:

          Advanced C Programming for Displays

	Character Displays, Windows, and Keyboards
        for the UNIX and MS-DOS Operating Systems
    Marc J. Rochkind, 1988
    Prentice Hall Software Series
    ISBN: 0-13-010240-7

Walter