compare strings, strcmp

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Sat Nov 18 05:21:16 AEST 1989

In article <34344 at cornell.UUCP> aitken at cs.cornell.edu (William E. Aitken) writes:

| >| Why the UNSAFE comment?  This looks like utterly standard C to me...
| >
| 	Consider ``StrEq(p++, q++);'' for example.

  I think a number of people, myself included, were looking for
something specific to the macro at hand. Any macro which evaluates
arguments more than once must be used with caution, but then so must
malloc and free, and most of us don't label each use as unsafe.

  I confess that I assumed the object of the warning was a bit more subtle.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon