Set stack size in TurboC

Var Garapetian, Sun-BOS Hardware [508671-0298] var at garp.East.Sun.COM
Sat Nov 11 14:16:11 AEST 1989

Could someone tell me how or direct me to where in the documentation I can
find the way to increase the "stack size" in Turbo-C?

I am not an expert in C and am using the integrated environment for my
programs. I have my compiler set to COMPACT model. A programm I am
working on, was causing bizzare behaviour, so I turned the "Stack Overflow"
warning on. This indeed showd I was having stack problem.

I have been through the TC manuals and have found the _stklen variable which
sets the stack size, however don't know how to set it to a larger size.
If I type the following before main():
	 extern unsigned _stklen=6144;
It seems to set the stack to a larger value, but the linker gives the
following warning:
	__stklen defined in module GPX.C is duplicated in module STKLEN

Any help will be very much appriciated...

Var Garapetian,                 Sun Microsystems, East-Coast Div.

UUCP:  {hplabs,ihnp4,ucbvax,decvax,seismo}!sun!vgarapetian
 or    {decvax}!eagle_snax!garp!var

ARPA:  vgarapetian at east.sun.com

GEnie: V.GARAPETIAN