BASIC --> C "INTELLIGENT" translator

William G. Hutchison wgh at ubbpc.UUCP
Tue Nov 28 05:40:23 AEST 1989

In article <255 at teti.qhtours.oz>, stephen at teti.qhtours.oz (Stephen Chung) writes:
> I know, I know, this is another one of those XYZ Language --> C
> posting again.
>
> Is there a BASIC to C translator?  [ ... ]

 Yes, there are about 5 for sale in the USA.  I maintain a list of language
translation products available on UNIX as part of my job here at the
Unisys UNIX Portation Center.  I keep posting the information, but it gets
tiresome to see the same questions popping up over and over again.
 Is somebody willing to maintain a 'frequently asked questions' file for
comp.lang.c or comp.lang.misc?  If so, I will forward my list of language
translators ONCE MORE ONLY!

> I am planning to write a translater that does a bit of thinking.

 Please tell me about it when it is done.

> Any suggestions on which BASIC to go for?

Microsoft BASIC, DG Business BASIC, Thoroughbred BASIC, VAX BASIC Plus.
--
Bill Hutchison, DP Consultant	rutgers!cbmvax!burdvax!ubbpc!wgh
Unisys UNIX Portation Center	"Unless you are very rich and very eccentric,