Where can I FTP the ANSI C standard?

Tom Rombouts tomr at ashtate
Thu Aug 2 07:24:17 AEST 1990

In article <26B5BC96.4835 at marob.masa.com> mikej at marob.masa.com (Michael Johnston) writes:
>Can someone tell me where (if anywhere) I might be able to get a copy of
>the ANSI C standard via FTP? Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong  (Has anyone in a news group ever NOT been
corrected when wrong?  :-)  ) but the last time this came up I recall
it being stated that the ANSI C standard was NOT to be distributed
electronically for a variety of reasons.  (This suggests a possible
addition to the excellent FAQ file that has just been created.)
As I recall the reasons included protecting people from using guidelines
that had been modified, as well as to raise money for ANSI.

To quote the C FAQ doc:

Copies are available from

    American National Standards Institute
    1430 Broadway
    New York, NY  10018
    (212) 642-4900

    or

    Global Engineering Documents
    2805 McGaw Avenue
    Irvine, CA  92714
    (714) 261-1455

The cose is approximately $50.00, plus $6.00 shipping.  Quantity
discounts are available.

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr at ashtate.A-T.com  V:(213)538-7108