List a directory in a C program on Unix machines

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com
Sat Aug 11 09:14:30 AEST 1990

Which machines understand terminfo, termcap, or curses, but do not also
understand an environment varible like TERMINFO, TERMCAP or TERMCAPS for
individual second guessing of administrators?

I ask only extend my list of broken, compeating machines.  Since at least
4.2BSD and maybe 4.1c, that family has had TERMCAP (or was it TERMCAPS?),
so the solar and Boston crowd are ok.  SVR3 knows about TERMINFO, so most
PC's and many SV machines are ok.  Did SVR0 have TERMCAP?

Vernon Schryver   vjs at sgi.com