Determining C Complexity

John Baldwin johnb at srchtec.UUCP
Sat Aug 4 08:11:18 AEST 1990

In article <204 at ssg0.UUCP> petej at ssg0.UUCP (Peter M. Jansson) writes:

>Has anyone really run a study of how code metrics correlate to
>maintenance costs?  Something like "In this module, the complexity was
>high, and we had to make more changes to it after delivery" for a
>reasonable size system would be helpful.

1. T. Capers Jones; _Programming_Productivity_; McGraw-Hill; New York; 1986;
                    pp. 107-110.

2. T. Capers Jones; _Program_Quality_and_Programmer_Productivity; TR 02.764;
                    IBM Corp.; San Jose, CA; Jan 1977.

[If I can find the bibliography I did last year, there are some good ref-
erences in places such as "IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering".
I'll look.]
John T. Baldwin                      |  johnb at srchtec.uucp
Search Technology, Inc.              |  johnb%srchtec.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu
standard disclaimer:                 |  ...uunet!samsung!emory!stiatl!srchtec..
opinions and mistakes purely my own. |  ...mailrus!gatech!stiatl!srchtec...