Where is strftime(.....)?

Merlinus Ambrosius edh at ux.acs.umn.edu
Sat Aug 11 07:59:21 AEST 1990

In the standard library in K&R (ANSI) on page 256 there is a very nice
looking procedure for formatting the current time into whatever form you
like.  It doesn't seem to be present on this system, or on a local Sparc.
Anybody know where I can get this?  What it does (according to the book)
is:

size_t strftime(char *s, size_t smax, const char *fmt, const struct tm *tp)

It formats date and time info from *tp into s according the fmt, using a
printf-like format.  i.e.  "%y%m%d %H%M%S" would put 900810 045835 into s.

This is similar to how "date" does it too, of course, but if something like
strftime already exists, I could sure use it!

All help is appreciated,
			Eric Hendrickson
--
/---------"Oh carrots are divine, you get a dozen for dime, its maaaagic."---