Crash a RISC machine from user-mode code:

Karl Heuer karl at haddock.ima.isc.com
Fri Aug 17 10:34:18 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug16.051437.21661 at laguna.ccsf.caltech.edu> bruce at seismo.gps.caltech.edu (Bruce Worden) writes:
>... such a crash does not constitute `failure' unless it significantly
>detracts from the machine's utility.

That's one usable definition.  Others will disagree, perhaps because they are
more afraid of malicious users than you are.

Anyway, I think this is the key, and if the parties will agree to disagree, we
can truncate this before it becomes a flame war.

>Frankly Karl, I'm suprised that you did not kill this subject long ago.

I don't use kill files.  I actually look at every article, at least briefly,
in this newsgroup and a few others.

Karl W. Z. Heuer (karl at kelp.ima.isc.com or ima!kelp!karl), The Walking Lint