initialization

Roberto Shironoshita shirono at ssd.csd.harris.com
Thu Aug 2 07:10:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug1.170117.21763 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
> In article <1990Aug1.011654.22068 at ccu.umanitoba.ca> rpjday at ccu.umanitoba.ca writes:
> >	int i = a, j = i + 1 ;
>
> The scope of the variable `i' starts at the `=' following `i', so it is
> a perfectly legal variable for use in initializing `j'.

Would the comma (,) separating the two variables (i and j) be considered a
sequence point then?  Or do we have no guarantees as to the value j is
initialized to?

     Roberto Shironoshita      ||   Internet: shirono at ssd.csd.harris.com
      Harris Corporation       ||
   Computer Systems Division   ||   UUCP:     ...!uunet!hcx1!shirono
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are my own; they in no way reflect the
            opinion or policies of Harris Corporation.