TRUE and FALSE

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Thu Aug 30 11:56:34 AEST 1990

According to flint at gistdev.gist.com (Flint Pellett):
>[...] it is possible that at some point in the future you might have to
>port to CBD C (Charlie's Brain-Dead C) where TRUE is -1 [...]

It makes no sense to dispute the portability of the definitions
"#define TRUE 1" and "#define FALSE 0".  If you can't count on
"(1==1)==1" and "(1==0)==0" then you're not using C.

The readability and maintainability of code using TRUE and FALSE,
however, are still issues.  Personally, I like them; but then, I
detest the One True Brace Style, so what do I know?  :-)
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>