NULL as a string terminator

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:35:54 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug20.000227.12867 at icc.com> cbp at icc.com (Chris Preston) writes:
>>In many cases the object itself becomes familiar enough that it's
>>instantly recognized.  '\0' is one such object.  If I saw in your
>>code
>>
>>	*p = EOS;
>>
>>I'd have to run off to your .h files to find the definition of EOS.
>
>  Perhaps a comment in an appropriate place might alleviate this.

Comments are not a substitute for using familiar practices instead of
unfamiliar ones.  Familiar ones should be preferred unless there is
a *substantial* advantage to be had.  I don't see one here.
--
Committees do harm merely by existing. | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
                       -Freeman Dyson  |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry