Crash a RISC machine from user-mode code:

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at mips.COM
Thu Aug 16 15:47:32 AEST 1990

>In article <1826 at mountn.dec.com> akhiani at ricks.enet.dec.com (Homayoon Akhiani) writes:
> OK. Here is a quick summary of the HOW TO CRASH A RISC machine from
> a USER-MODE program test. Reports have arrived that all of these machines
> can be crashed using CRASHME.C:
> IBM RT, MIPS, DECSTATION 5000, SPARC.

Prove it.  My Mips RS2030 RISCstation cruised through it, repeatedly, and
kept running fine.  Caught every bogus instruction...
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
MS 4-02    950 DeGuigne Dr.   Sunnyvale, CA  94086   voicemail: +1 408 524-7421