Curses question

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Thu Aug 30 04:14:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug29.021239.8182 at groucho> smith at wallaby.UUCP (William D. Smith) writes:
>In article <556 at edpmgt.UUCP> gpitcher at edpmgt.UUCP (Glenn Pitcher) writes:
>>[deleted code]
>>
>>   endwin();
>>}
>>
>  When program B is finished I assume you are doing a refresh in program A.
>Since you did not use the curses routines in program A to change the screen
>program A has no way of knowing that the window has changed.  You can use the
>touchwin command to force the window to do a total update.

Also, beware that endwin() in the sub-program will try to output a 'te'
(terminal-mode end) sequence, which may confuse the parent curses
program to the point that touchwin() and refresh() will not help (the
parent has no idea that the physical terminal setup has changed).

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com
uunet!masa.com!marob!daveh